Friday 24 December 2010

Merry Christmas, Everyone!!

It's that magical time of year again! Christmas!!  I know you all have a million and one things to do today, so I'll make this blog post short. :) 
When I was younger, my Christmas was all about me. What presents I'd get, what part in the Christmas pageant I was going to get, what Santa was going to bring me. Now that I'm older I realize that besides the obvious reason for the season, the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord & Savior, Christmas is about giving. God gave us his only son. I think my favorite part of Christmas so far this year was buying awesome presents for my family and husband. As I was buying said presents, I got to thinking about those who will not have all that they wish for this year. Deployed soldiers and their spouses and families that only asked Santa to bring them their loved one home safe and sound, orphans, or any other situation that pulls anyone away from their family. My heart breaks for them and my Christmas wish is that those people will get some kind of Christmas blessing, maybe even a miracle. I think I will start a tradition that as a Christmas present to myself, I will pick a charity to give to each year.

I'm so very thankful that Andrew was given not just the weekend, but 5 days (that started off on Tuesday) off for Christmas. This is our first Christmas together as husband and wife, it is also my first Christmas away from family and loved ones. We will be spending Christmas morning with each other, then for dinner we are going to my friend's house for dinner. This particular friend, Sarah, is the girl who I spent most of Andrew's deployment with. As her husband was deployed as well, we have a pretty awesome bond because of it all. I don't know what I would've done with out her. I'm pretty excited that even though I'm not with my actual family on Christmas, I'll still be with some kind of family. :).

Though Andrew and I cannot be home for the holidays this year, know that all of you are in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers this Christmas season. We will try to call all of you guys on on Christmas. Be expecting a phone call from a crazy number with 12 digits! ;)

A very merry and blessed Christmas to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment