Saturday 11 December 2010

A Birthday Tribute to Dad.

Hello, Family! 
     I'm sorry I've gotten away from this blog for a while as there hasn't been much to report.  I promise I'll write a longer blog after Christmas. I wanted to take this time to write a quick post saying happy birthday to my daddy. :)

Daddy, 
     Thank you for always being there for me.  Thank you for putting up with me through all of my crazy antics, temper tantrums, and stubbornness growing up.  Thank you for your patience.  Thank you for catching me when I stumbled along the way.  You've always stood by me with a firm, but loving hand.  Thank you for taking me to all those FSU games and making me one of the biggest 'Nole fans-- Second only to you, of course.  Thank you for being such an amazing role model in my life.  Thank you for showing me what a great marriage is, what a great person of God is, and what a great parent is (among many other things). Thank you for taking me to those Father-Daughter dances for Girl Scouts.  Thank you for taking care of me when I was sick, had the hives, and all those ear infections.  Thank you for giving me the gift of Faith.  Thank you for all the time, hard work, and money you put in to give me the world.  Thank you for all the laughter and giggles we've shared (mostly at Vanna White's expense).  Thank you for all the popcorn and peanut butter and jelly sandwich lunches you used to make for Veronica and I.  Thank you for the gift of Italian culture.... the real stuff, not this Jersey Shore nonsense.  Thank you taking me to see the world.  Thank you for teaching me the importance of family and to trust God.  Thank you for the gift of music.  Thank you for the strength you give me, whether you know you give it to me or not. Most importantly, thank you for all the love.  You are the coolest dad on the face of this planet and I will always be a Daddy's girl.  You promised (or as you say, "threatened") me that you'd live to be 100 years old and then some, so here's to many more years of happiness, health, and blessings. Happy Birthday, Daddy. I miss you and love you beyond words. I hope you have an awesome birthday.  See you soon. 

Hugs and kisses.

Love always and forever, 
Your Little Girl.  



No comments:

Post a Comment